Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Strong opinions about subjects that don't really merit strong opinions...

You know, I may have not have an opinion as of yet reducing whether nuclear power is a smart solution for reducing our nation's dependency on petroleum, but I do have some unusually strong opinions about the following extremely trivial subjects. You'll note that many of these have to do with stupid TV shoes from the 70s and 80s. I am not ashamed, although maybe I ought to be:

*The first season of The Facts of Life, the one with a larger group of girls, the one with a roller-skating Tootie,the one with Molly Ringwald, was the best season of the show.

*I love Batman Begins, and I am certain that I will greatly enjoy The Dark Knight as well, but I still have a big, gooey soft spot for Batman Begins. My affection for that movie, flawed and overstuffed though it may be, probably has quite a lot to do with Michelle Pfeiffer.

*Vin Diesel has been in a bunch of terrible movies, but he was also the voice of the Iron Giant, so he gets a pass. I'll not speak ill of him, even if Babylon AD is as awful as it totally looks like it's gonna be.

*I can think of other actors and performers who get a pass. I should make a list of them.

*Star Trek Deep Space 9 is the best version of Star Trek on television (note, I said on TV), but only the 3rd best sci-fi show ever to air on TV.

*I won't say what are the top 2 sci-fi shows ever to be aired, though I will say that Babylon 5 is not one of them. Da-shiang bao-tza shr duh lah doo-tze!


1 comment:

Chauntelle said...

Uh, I thought Babylon AD looked like it may be good, if you could see it for a $1 (though the Dollar Movie Theater will probably charge $1.50, but still)... And I, too, like Vin Diesel, but it has nothing to do with Iron Giant, though I will admit that it's a pretty great movie.

Patrick, I have no idea what you're saying in the last bullet point, but I'm afraid that it's Klingon. Just please tell me that it's not the Klingon translation of "We Built This City." And yes, the fact that I may suggest that it's Klingon does not bode well for me, either.

I love you, and I'm so glad to be back home!

*KISS*