Monday, July 9, 2007

Cataloging.

+Chauntelle is in Georgia tonight and will be there for the next 2 days attending classes on the art of "staging" a house, which means that when she returns on Wednesday evening, she will have a heightened sensitivity to all that is wrong with the way our home is decorated. Also, she should be adequately qualified to host a show on HGTV, which I suspect is her true motive for taking the classes.

+Chuck and Liz are in Florida this week to oversee the regrading and re-graveling (?) of the driveway to their Carrabelle house. Which means that...

+I am sole caregiver to Junior Melonhead! Since my employer does not permit preverbal, prepedal, urinally-challenged individuals on the work premises, I will be taking tomorrow and Wednesday off to hang out with He-Who-Gums. I suspect that I will spend some of that time...

+Waiting for a call from Costco, Inc, since I applied and interviewed for a part-time position at their new store in Greenville. The interview was this evening, right after work. I rushed home, changed into the interview-wear that Chauntelle had selected (thank you, Chauntelle), grabbed the folder containing my resumes that Chauntelle had compiled (thank you, Chauntelle), and headed off to meet the folks from Costco. I think it went well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It could be a good thing. Chauntelle has been working courageously to hunt down leads and host open houses and compile information packets, driving ex-coworkers around the greater Greenville metroplex for hours on end, fielding countless interminable phone calls from her "partner", but so far has not closed a deal. The market is tough right now, and the result is that our current income is less than expenses. We have been working very hard to tighten our budget, and we've done a great job with clamping down on our spending, but we're still in the hole, and we need another source of income. Costco is a great company, the pay sounds like it will be more than fair, and I will be happy to take the job. Dig us out of the hole, and build up a nice reserve (again), and this time not fritter it away...

No comments: