Thursday, August 2, 2007

"Daughter"

This is a song by Loudon Wainwright III called "Daughter", which has almost made me cry on a couple of occasions, despite the fact that I do, in fact, have a son, and not a daughter. I know just a little bit about Loudon Wainwright. I know that he is a singer/songwriter. I know that he appeared in an episode of M*A*S*H years ago. I know that he was a castmember of a TV show I liked a lot called "Undeclared". I know that he appears in a recent movie by many of the same folks behind "Undeclared", the title of which is "Knocked Up". And I know that this song plays over the closing credits of that movie, which is where I first heard it and where I was initially almost brought to tears, despite the fact that I have a boy-child, and not a girl child. Enjoy, and be sure to point your eyes away from the keyboard when the waterworks (inevitably) start.

No comments: